"C" is Cunningham, Frank Harrison (1880-1928) and Joseph Gilbert Cunningham (1882-1969). Architects. The Cunningham brothers were prolific architects in the upstate from 1907 into the 1950s. Both graduated from Clemson with degrees in textile engineering. They worked for a while with noted textile architect and engineer J.E. Sirrine. By 1909 they were practicing as engineers and architects. Their buildings were generally utilitarian and lack significant stylistic flourishes. They were among the first to integrate newly available steel construction with traditional brick bearing wall construction. The Cunninghams designed residences, commercial buildings, schools, and churches. While most residences and commercial buildings were in Greenville, they designed schools across the state. Among the hundreds of projects the Cunningham brothers designed, the Imperial Hotel in Greenville and Easley High School Auditorium are listed in the National Register of Historic Places.