Charleston County Government announces the following shelters are now open:
- North Charleston High School, 1087 E Montague Ave, North Charleston, SC 29405
- Stall High School, 3625 Ashley Phosphate Rd, North Charleston, SC 29418
- A.C. Corcoran Elementary, 8585 Vistavia Rd, North Charleston, SC 29406
- Midland Park Primary, 2415 Midland Park Road, North Charleston, SC 29406
- Ladson Elementary, 3321 Ladson Rd, Ladson, SC 29456
- Edmund A. Burns Elementary, 3750 Dorchester Road, North Charleston, SC 29405 (Pet / Pet Owner Shelter)
The Charleston County Emergency Operations Center will move to OPCON 1 at 3:00 p.m. in coordination with Governor Nikki Haley’s evacuation order.
Coastal Evacuation Routes can be read here: http://bit.ly/2dphirh
CARTA will assist in transporting citizens from downtown emergency pickup locations (blue hurricane stop signs) beginning at 3:00 p.m. today until dark. Those requesting a ride from downtown Charleston are asked to call (843) 724-7420. Transportation will be provided to an available Charleston County hurricane shelter.
Charleston County will provide pickups at all non-downtown locations and those sites can be found in the Charleston County Hurricane Guide: http://bit.ly/22prNZK
The Citizen’s Information Line is active:
(843) 746 – 3900
TTY (843) 746 - 3911
Spanish/Español: (843) 746 – 3909
- Charleston County Public Library branches will remain closed through the weekend
- Charleston County’s Bees Ferry Landfill is open today and tomorrow. Environmental Management is planning to collect curbside recycling through Thursday.
Definition of OPCON levels: http://www.charlestoncounty.org/departments/emergency-management/opcon.php
- Charleston County residents can register for the Charleston County Citizen Alert System, a free program that allows the public to receive voicemail, text message, and e-mail notifications about emergency situations, such as critical information quickly in a variety of situations, such as severe weather, unexpected road closures, missing persons and evacuations of buildings or neighborhoods or a hurricane evacuation order. When notified, citizens will hear a message that gives details on the emergency and includes instructions on any actions they should take. Register online at: https://member.everbridge.net/index/453003085611698#/login
Emergency Management Department: http://www.facebook.com/EMDChasCo