"M" is for Myrtle Beach Pavilion. Located at 812 North Ocean Boulevard in the heart of Myrtle beach, the Myrtle Beach Pavilion Amusement Park’s eleven acres of roller coaster, thrill rides, go-kart tracks, arcades, shops, and games were part of a tradition for generations of seaside visitors. Built in the early twentieth century, the original pavilion was a wooden structure and was used principally for dances during the summer season. In 1923 it was replaced by a new pavilion with a restaurant and concessions stands. That pavilion burned in 1944. In 1949 the third pavilion--a concrete structure—and amusement park rides opened. One of the notable features was the hand-carved 1912 carousel, which turned to the music of a Wurlitzer band organ. In 2007, the Myrtle Beach Pavilion was closed and the site redeveloped.