The South Carolina Lede is here to keep you up to date on important news as the Palmetto State faces the COVID-19 virus. There is so much news out there right now it’s overwhelming. This podcast is for you to get information that matters to you, your family and your fellow South Carolinians. No hype. No fear. Just COVID-19 news and resources to get us all through this.
On this episode for April 4, 2020, we speak with U.S. Rep. Joe Cunningham (D-SC) about his experience testing positive for COVID-19, see how food banks are faring during this crisis, and talk with State Superintendent of Education Molly Spearman about the current challenges facing the education system. We also look back at actions taken by the governor's office in the month since the first reported case of COVID-19 in South Carolina.
Each of these special episodes is structured to give you straight up information up front followed by additional context and reporting, your voices, resources and tips and we end it all with a little wind down.
And we want to hear from you! Leave us a 1-minute long voicemail at 803-563-7169 to tell us how you’re coping with COVID-19, what your life is like in quarantine, and what are you watching, reading, and doing during this time of social distancing.
You can keep up with the latest updates on COVID-19 in South Carolina on the SCETV coronavirus page here.
Other resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- South Carolina Department of Commerce: Non-Essential Business Listing
- SCETV: The Latest Developments on COVID-19
- SC Nurses Association Letter to Gov. McMaster Regarding Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- The State: More Employees at SC Hospitals Test Positive for Coronavirus, Officials Say
- New York Times: Infected but Feeling File - The Unwitting Coronavirus Spreaders
- QuoteWizard Insurance News: States with the Highest Rate of Seniors with Underlying Health Conditions
- Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond: COVID-19 and the U.S. Economy
- Washington Post: Which DIY Mask Pattern Should You Use? Even Experts Can't Pick One to Recommend
- City of Charleston: Virtual Recreation Activities