Smart Speaker Giveaway Rules
SOUTH CAROLINA PUBLIC RADIO
Amazon Echo and Google Home Giveaway
NO DONATION OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A DONATION WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
By entering and participating in the South Carolina Public Radio Smart Speaker Giveaway Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”), entrants agree to accept and be bound by these rules and the decisions of South Carolina Public Radio (SCPR) as final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
1. ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY: The Sweepstakes is open to any individual of age eighteen (18) or older who is a legal resident of the State of South Carolina. An individual who completes the South Carolina Public Radio Smart Speaker Giveaway Survey (“Survey”), from Thursday, February 15, 2018 at 6:00 a.m. (South Carolina time) through Thursday, February 15, at 11:59 p.m. (South Carolina time) (the “Entry Period”) will be entered into the Sweepstakes. SCPR reserves the right in its discretion to extend the Entry Period. An actual donation is not necessary for an individual to be entered into the Sweepstakes. All entries will be time-stamped upon completion of the survey. Entries will be accepted by the survey only. Entry forms will not be mailed. No phone calls, emails, or facsimiles or copies will be accepted. All entries must be received by SCPR no later than the end of the Entry Period. There is a limit of one entry per person. ETV Commission members, employees of The ETV Endowment of South Carolina, employees of SCETV, employees of SCPR/South Carolina Public Radio and any other participating prize sponsor (the “Sponsors”), their immediate family members and members of their households are ineligible. Neither SCPR nor any of their officers, directors, employees, agents or representatives are responsible for lost, late, stolen, incomplete, misdirected or illegible entries. SCPR reserves the right to disqualify any entrant. Non-compliance with any rule, requirement or mandatory procedure herein may, in the sole discretion of SCPR, result in disqualification.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PRIZE: SCPR shall select one (1) prize winner to receive one (1) Amazon Echo and one (1) prize winner to receive one (1) Google Home. The prize cannot be substituted, exchanged or transferred for any other prize or award. SCPR reserves the right to substitute prizes with an item of equal or greater value, and all prize details are at the sole discretion of SCPR and the participating prize sponsors. Limit of one prize per individual. All applicable federal, state and local taxes and expenses not specifically included in the prize description are the sole responsibility of the winner.
3. WINNERS AND ODDS: Two winners and two alternates will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries on February 16, 2018. Drawing will be conducted by SCPR, whose decision shall be final. The odds of being drawn as the winners of the Sweepstakes are dependent on the number of eligible entries received. The winners will be notified by SCPR via email and telephone. The winners must be available at the email and phone number provided in order to claim the prize. If the one or both of the winners of the sweepstakes does not reply or answer, the next alternate(s) drawn will be contacted and offered the prize. The prize may be claimed only by, and will be awarded only to, the individual identified on the entry form. SCPR reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes as it may deem appropriate.
4. GENERAL: As a condition to and in exchange for the right to enter the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release, hold harmless and indemnify the Sponsors and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents or representatives from and against any and all losses, damages, injuries, claims, suits, causes of action, liabilities, costs and expenses arising from and/or related to, directly or indirectly, the Sweepstakes and/or any prize awarded in connection therewith. SCPR is not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical, or other errors in printing the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the prizes. Except as prohibited by law, each participant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Columbia, South Carolina; (ii) any and all claims, judgements, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; (iii) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential, or other damages, including without limitation lost profits (collectively, “Special Damages”) may be awarded; and (iv) participant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied and or increased. SCPR reserves the right, without prior notice and at any time, to terminate the Sweepstakes, in whole or in part, or modify, extend, or suspend the Sweepstakes in any way, if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud, technical problems, failures, malfunctions, or other events have destroyed or severely undermined the integrity and/ or feasibility of the Sweepstakes or if SCPR is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes by any event beyond its control, or by any federal, state or local law, order, regulation or order of any court or jurisdiction. The laws of the State of South Carolina, without reference to choice of law rules, govern the Sweepstakes and all aspects related thereto. The Sweepstakes is subject to any requirements, revision and/or limitations by applicable federal, state, or local law. Void where prohibited.
5. SPONSOR: The sponsor of the Sweepstakes is South Carolina Public Radio, 1041 George Rogers Boulevard, Columbia, SC 29201-4761.