South Carolina Public Radio Schedule Changes
Changes are coming to South Carolina Public Radio! Beginning March 2024, our broadcast schedules will look different.
Which shows are leaving our schedule/moving airtimes?
Beginning in March, Carolina Live, a co-production of SC Public Radio and WDAV, is going on hiatus as the program's producers work to revamp the show's format and production schedule.
It will rejoin our News & Music schedule as a seasonal program at a future date. More details will be released in the coming months. (Please see below for more information about what programs will air in its place.)
Beginning April 1, Q will move to weeknights at 10:00 p.m. on our News & Talk stations.
Beginning April 3, Reveal will move to Wednesdays at 9:00 p.m. on our News & Talk stations.
Beginning April 5, Latino USA will move to Fridays at 9:00 p.m. on our News & Talk stations.
Fresh Air Weekend
Beginning April 6, Fresh Air Weekend will move to Saturdays at 5:00 a.m. on our News & Talk stations.
Which Programs Are Joining The Schedule?
We're excited to announce the addition of several new programs to our weekday and weekend schedules!
Beginning in March, Sunday Baroque and Chicago Symphony Orchestra Radio Broadcasts will join our News & Music schedules.
Beginning in April, Notes from America with Kai Wright, The Ezra Klein Show, No Small Endeavor, Unexpected Elements, Embodied, Travel with Rick Steves, and The Arts Hour will join our News & Talk schedules.
- Sunday Baroque: Join Sunday Baroque for two hours of refreshing music from the baroque era (1600-1750) and such noted composers as Johann Sebastian Bach, George Frideric Handel, and Antonio Vivaldi. Airs Sundays at 6:00 a.m. on News & Music stations beginning March 3.
- Chicago Symphony Orchestra Radio Broadcasts: The Chicago Symphony presents a full range of orchestral works under the seasoned baton of music director Riccardo Muti. The top-tier soloists and guest conductors complete the series with artists like Yo-Yo Ma, Hilary Hahn, and Daniil Trifonov; as well as Esa-Pekka Salonen, Mitsuko Uchida, and Bernard Haitink. The two-hour Chicago Symphony Orchestra broadcasts include dynamic and innovative commentary which takes the listener behind the scenes and into the music. Airs Tuesdays at 7:00 p.m. on News & Music stations beginning March 5.
- Notes from America with Kai Wright: Notes from America with Kai Wright is a show about the unfinished business of our history, and how we break its grip on our future. Can the United States be a democracy where people of different races, origins, and identities share power and opportunity? Is it even possible, and what would it take to succeed? Each week, host Kai Wright invites listeners to gather for intimate conversations and deeply reported stories in which we wrestle with these questions. Airs Mondays at 9:00 p.m. on News & Talk stations beginning April 1.
- The Ezra Klein Show: New York Times columnist and Vox co-founder/edit-at-large Ezra Klein speaks with a variety of guests about ideas that matter. Airs Tuesdays at 9:00 p.m. on News & Talk stations beginning April 2.
- Unexpected Elements: Unexpected Elements looks beyond everyday narratives to discover a goldmine of scientific stories and connections from around the globe. From Afronauts, to why we argue, to a deep dive on animal lifespans: see the world in a new way. Find the answers to all those questions of science that have puzzled people around the world – and maybe have your own questions answered as well! Airs Wednesdays at 11:00 p.m. on News & Talk stations beginning April 3.
- No Small Endeavor: What does it mean to live a good life? What is true happiness? What are the habits and practices that lead to human flourishing? No Small Endeavor examines these questions with host Lee C. Camp. Airs Thursdays at 11:00 p.m. on News & Talk stations beginning April 4.
- Embodied: Sex and relationships are intimate — and sometimes intimidating to talk about. In this award-winning show, host Anita Rao guides us on an exploration of our brains and bodies that touches down in taboo territory. Airs Fridays at 11:00 p.m. on News & Talk stations beginning April 5.
- Travel with Rick Steves: Travel with Rick Steves is a weekly one-hour conversation about travel, cultures, people, and the things we find around the world that give life its extra sparkle. Airs Saturdays at 6:00 a.m. on News & Talk stations beginning April 6.
- The Arts Hour: The Arts Hour brings you the best in global arts in a weekly showcase of rich arts, culture and entertainment stories from across the BBC and broadcasters around the world. Airs Sundays at 5:00 a.m. on News & Talk stations beginning April 7.
To share your thoughts about our new programming or suggest shows you would like to hear on South Carolina Public Radio, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.