"B" is for Burroughs & Chapin. Burroughs & Chapin Company, Inc., was formed in 1990 when the century-old Burroughs & Collins Company of Conway merged with Myrtle Beach Farms Company. Headquartered in Myrtle Beach and holding tens of thousands of acres throughout Horry County, Burroughs & Chapin is dedicated to coastal economic development and attracting new businesses to Myrtle Beach and the Grand Strand. The firm is the linear descendant of the business partnership formed in 1895 by Franklin Burroughs and B.G. Collins. In 1912 Simeon B. Chapin joined Burroughs’s sons to form Myrtle Beach Farms Company. Pairing Chapin’s money and business expertise with the Burroughs brothers’ vast land holdings, Myrtle Beach Farms led Horry County through an extended period of robust economic growth and development for Myrtle Beach, the Grand Strand, and Horry County.